Las Vegas-based MGM Resorts International will partner with Los Angeles-based Anschutz Entertainment Group related to the entertainment district component of the future Nashville Yards, Nashville Business Journal reports.
AEG hopes to begin construction of its buildings in the third quarter of this year, NBJ reports, citing AEG spokesman Michael Roth. (The above rendering, found on the AEG website, was previously done as a concept and is not a final image.) MGM mainly owns and operates hotels.
NBJ reports that AEG and MGM are eyeing the following components:
• a music venue with capacity for 4,000 people
• a smaller “entertainment club”
• a nine-screen movie theater
• 90,000 square feet of office space
• a 315-room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting space.